Friday, November 26, 2010

Getting Creative With Music

So I was on Diigo, my social bookmarking website and I was searching for a list of internet creativity.  It pulled up a list from some guy I don't know and near the top of his list was a website called Noteflight.  Noteflight is a website that hosts a free online music composition program.  There is a song that I arranged on my mission and I thought I might try to digitize it into a nice score.  Noteflight is pretty self explanatory.  It even has some videos to show you how to use the basics.  Noteflight uses the "freemium" model, so if you want all the features you need to pay and upgrade.  Fortunately, the free version has all the basics and works great.

Here is my arrangement of Latter-Day Saint (i.e. Mormon) hymn #112 "Savior Redeemer of My Soul" :




Creative Commons License
Savior Redeemer of My Soul by Andrew DeWitt is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.