Thursday, September 30, 2010

10 Minute Blog Post Experiment

This is a blogging experiment.  I am trying to see what I could blog about in 10 minutes or less.

Well, here are some of the things I could blog about:
  • What I'm doing in my astronomy research
  • The cool idea I have for the final project of the Digital Civilization class
  • I could try and get recruits to join my final project
  • I could write two quick biographies about the two gentlemen that I spend large portions of my day with.
Ok, that last one sounded fun and very do-able in ten minutes.  Actually, I now only have 7 minutes left!

So there is a computer lab on the forth floor of the Erying Science Center on Brigham Young University campus.  This computer lab is for those doing astronomy research at BYU.  Since the majority of students doing research are actually graduate students who have their own offices with their own computers, this lab is mainly occupied by three people and sometimes others.

I am one of the three.  To learn about me read this blog post.

The other two are two of my good friends.  (oh no! I only have two minutes left).

Well, they are great and we all do homework in this computer room together.

Hmm... the lack of time is starting to stress me out and I really don't know what to write anymore.  I think that this experiment has shown me that I should at least think about what I am going to write about before I start writing.  But, then again, if I didn't, I would be telling you about the cool computer lab and my friends.  In fact am in the computer lab as I am typing....                times UP!

1 comment:

Gideon Burton said...

I really like this experiment. Too many people keep themselves from posting because they think it has to be a big deal. While I'm all for people putting real effort into posting, this should not be at the expense of blogging at all. Thanks for trying this timed post idea out. Others should!

Post a Comment