Monday, September 20, 2010

The Algorithm For The Perfect Party

I've been learning how to use Prezi, and I've created my first Prezi.  It outlines the perfect way plan a party.  This is obviously not a true algorithm because it is a linear path and does not tell you what to do at each junction or step of planning a guy party.  Regardless, I am impressed at Prezi's ability to display content.  It is a remake of PowerPoint with a twist.  I really enjoy how your layout and sizes can help add meaning to what you are trying to do.  I tried to use size and movement to help give the presentation some life.

Here is a plus to Prezi:  if you have university email, you can get an educational license and enjoy a number of the great Prezi features for free.  I would recommend that everybody at least try this new presentation tool.  I am going to try and use it for a military briefing on Friday.  I'll let you know what they think.

3 comments:

Kurt Witt said...

Great Job! That is so much cooler than Power Point. Thanks so much for introducing this new tool to me.

Margaret said...

On the one hand, I really like the Prezi way of showing stuff, but I almost get dizzy watching stuff twist around! How to get creative without getting dizzy!!??

Andrew said...

@hsmaggie you are right about the getting dizzy part. I could have done a better job of making the prezi more "zoom-in, zoom-out" rather than "twisting-and-turning". It is very possible to be creative and not dizzy... just avoid making large viewing angle changes.

Post a Comment