Monday, September 13, 2010

New Learning Tools

I met with my group today and we discussed  our three different digital literacy labs.

  • Rhett taught us about Data Organization Tools like Mind-Meister and Bubbl.us 
  • Brian taught us about IP Telephony like Skype
  • I taught my group about RSS Feeds and Feed Readers such as Google Reader
It was fun because as we were teaching each other we also discovered some new things.  For example, as Brian was teaching us about all the sweet things that Skype can do like phone conferencing and screen sharing, we decided to try out Google Chat 's new form of IP telephony.  We called ourselves and heard ourselves on Rhett's laptop.  How cool is that?!

From Rhett I learned about some cool organization tools and he pointed out to me that Mind-Meister ISN'T free!  Sad!  I am a lowly college student, I can't pay for online services.  So, Rhett directed us to a free version of mind mapping software.  Bubbl.us !  I tried it; I like it, so I have embedded in this post a mind map that I created.  It is an overview of what I learned today from my classmates.  Enjoy!





1 comment:

Rhett Ferrin said...

Great summary Andrew. I am a visual learner and I was impressed that our hour long sharing session could be organized and displayed so succinctly. Well done

Post a Comment